I was asked to decorate the North America room for our stakes Creche Display this year. I had actually never even heard of a 'Creche' so I quickly called Laurie to find out its another word for Nativity. Laurie came up with all the ideas and I just tried to make them happen :)
North America: Mexico, USA and Canada.....well Mexico was in the 'Latin America' room and nobody had anything specific to Canada so I changed my room to USA :)
Two days of decorating and this is what I came up with......
Theme : Christ in America!
Oh and did I mention that there was no budget! So everything was borrowed.
West Coast to East Coast....get it.....sand and long board to represent Cali
My grassy mountain range
Mississippi river in the left corner, guitar for Tennessee
This was one of my favorites
Unfortunately I think the 'Jaimie' inside of me (at least thats what Jonathan calls it) went a little overboard and not very many people caught on to my east to west coast theme and just thought I was weird for decorating with a long board and guitar but I loved it none the less.
It was a pretty big deal with a program each night, live nativity outside with animals and 24 hour security all three days. I was pleasured to decorate for it and happy to think they trusted me with such a task.
Also, Thank you Laurie for saving me when I would stress-out and get overwhelmed and for giving me such great ideas!
Now for the neighborhood sleigh ride tonight.....that I somehow became the 'chairwomen' for.....gosh why do I do this to myself ;)
3 comments:
Good Job! The Jaimie in you did awesome! Good Luck tonight.
Wow!!! Laurie was explaining everything to me, but wow, it turned out way neat. Proud of you Jaimie. You are very talented. Love you!
Is there nothing that my daughter cannot do???? Honestly Jaimie, you are amazing to me. Our whole family is blessed to have you!
Love,
Verlinda
Post a Comment